Hey Mercedes Sew Along Details and Discount
Because I know many of you still need the book, I'm giving you lots of time to get prepared for this event. If you haven't purchased a copy yet, you can pick up a signed copy of Windy City Bags from the Sew Sweetness website. Book purchases from the Sew Sweetness website receive a free paper pattern (just leave a note at check-out which one you'd like), and as a special for the sew along, Sara is including the 4 metal rectangle rings you need for Hey Mercedes for free as well (just leave her a note at check-out that you're participating in the sew along so she knows to include the hardware with your order).
You'll have a whole month to gather your supplies and plan the bag. We're starting the Sew Along on March 1st.
What you'll need for Hey Mercedes:
- 1 1/8 yard fabric for straps and accent
- 1 yard fabric for exterior
- 1 yard fabric for lining
- 5/8 yard 58" Soft and Stable or comparable foam interfacing, or equivalent amount of fleece
- 2 7/8 yards 20" fusible medium weight woven interfacing (such as Pellon ShapeFlex 101)
- 4 metal rectangle rings (1 1/2" wide)
- 1 magnetic snaps
- 2 x 12" zippers
Sitka Fabrics, one of the sew along sponsors, is offering a 10% discount from now until February 21 with code Mercedes10 at checkout. I'll be making mine with the gorgeous Avantgarde collection from Sitka Fabrics and the colors are stunning!