- Post a picture of your completed NCW on Facebook using #HappyOkapiNCWSAL, make sure the post is public so I can see it; it can be on your business page or personal page
- Post a picture of your completed NCW on Instagram using #HappyOkapiNCWSAL, make sure the post is public so I can see it.
- Email me a picture of your completed NCW
- Post a link of a picture of your completed NCW in the comments of the DAY 5 blog post
You only have to choose one way to enter, and multiple entries will only be counted once. Entries must be submitted by June 30, 2015.
Once you have your pattern in hand it’s time to print it out and select your fabrics!
- 1 fat quarter for exterior fabric
- 1 fat quarter for interior fabric
- ½ yard for pocket fabric
- 2 yards 20” wide fusible interfacing (medium to lightweight depending on your preferences - see below about interfacing choices)
- Peltex ultra firm stabilizer (fusible on one side is great)
- Disappearing marking pen for sewing (or chalk) – I use and love Frixion pens
- Rotary cutting mat, rotary cutter and large (24” ruler)
- 10” zipper to match pocket fabric
- Twist lock or magnetic snap
- Double sided soluble tape (Wondertape or equivalent)
- Coordinating thread
Interfacing tends to be a very personal choice for this wallet. The pattern calls for medium weight interfacing on the flap and body, light weight on the pockets and card slots. My personal preference is for a firmer wallet. I use Pellon SF101 on all my interfaced pieces and add another piece of peltex in the flap and centre part of the body which you’ll see in day 2. I have also used Craft-fuse 808 throughout for a firmer wallet. Experiment to find the blend of interfacings you prefer.
Once you have all your fabrics and interfacings cut out. Stand back, admire your pile and turn on your iron. We’re going to be fusing all our interfacing next! Time to get a quick drink before slaving over that hot iron…
Once you’ve fused all your interfacing you’re done with day one! Congratulations. On Day 2 we’ll be working on the flap and body.